The 2017 season is winding down, but that has not caused a slow down in news from the world of dirt late model racing. This edition of the Quick Six blog looks at some of those news items.
- Casey Roberts being named the new driver for Blount Motorsports is an excellent choice.
- With the news that Steve Francis is calling it a career as a driver, it shows dirt late model drivers are having a shorter shelf life than in years past, Scott Bloomquist and Billy Moyer excluded.
- Drivers that opt not to race when a track’s racing surface is extremely rough should not be questioned. There was a lot of damage sustained at a recent race with such track conditions.
- Jonathan Davenport’s move to drive for Lance Landers with Kevin Rumley turning the wrenches has the making for a super team in 2018. Other moves could be coming to counter that move. Stay tuned.
- Expect to see some schedule shuffling by a few area tracks in 2018 regarding some of their bigger events.
- Covering a race as a legit media person is a priviledge and not a right. Anyone posing as a legit media person that is not or abuses their access is someone that does not belong around the sport.