In the latest edition of the Quick Six blog, we look at the racing season finally getting under way in East Tennessee and other hot topics in the sport.
- There’s no doubt race fans were ready to get out and see some racing based on the last three weekends. Many fans outside the area came to our area just to see some racing.
- The cooperative effort between 411 Motor Speedway, Smoky Mountain Speedway, Tazewell Speedway, and Volunteer Speedway paid off over the Memorial Day weekend. Crowds were huge and car counts were great.
- Series are filling dates left and right to make up for missed races, leaving a jam-packed schedule from now through October. Will race fans be able to afford going to most of these events? Will race teams be able to keep up the pace?
- It only took a few weeks of things being “open” again for race series to schedule races on top of each other.
- Who is struggling more: Earl Pearson, Jr. or Scott Bloomquist? Neither one is been competitive before or after the shutdown.
- With these “late model only” streamed events, could we be seeing the future of dirt late model racing? That appears to be the only way to get a live dirt late model event on a national TV network.