A start of a new race season is here. There are plenty of things to talk about, some new and some old. In this edition of the Quick Six, we look at both.
- It’s refeshing to see race teams back at it in a new season. Seeing the new looks and new combinations adds to the excitement.
- Race tracks feel the need to take all day and all night when running a day race. When fans stop coming to these events, maybe they’ll finally adress the problems causing these 10-12 hour long shows.
- The news that Stan Lester will be running Volunteer Speedway for Joe and Phyllis Loven is an interesting development. The question is whether there will be enough cars to support 3 tracks within an hour of each other.
- As great of a driver as Scott Bloomquist is, there always seems to be drama around his operation. One can only imagine how many more wins and championships he’d have if not for all the drama.
- Ryan King and the Warrior Race Cars operation made a good showing for themselves in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series races at Golden Isle and East Bay.
- I really don’t know why the front wheel drive class disappeared in east Tennessee, but it would be nice if it or something similiar to it would come back. It would be something different and migh entice some of the young people to get started in racing by spending a small amount of money.