FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BRASSTOWN, N.C. – June 25, 2017 – The Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series and the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Late Models will invade Tazewell Speedway in Tazewell, Tenn. on Saturday Night July 1st. The two Super Late Model tours co-sanction events for the second time this season during the $5,000-to-win Firecracker 40 event at the high-banked oval.
In addition to the Late Model showdown, the Brucebilt Performance Iron-Man Modified Series will invade Tazewell Speedway for the first of two season visits racing 20 laps for $1,000-to-win. Also on the racing card for the night’s activities will be the Sportsman Late Models, Super Stock, Four Cylinders and Classic Cars. A huge fireworks show will light up the night sky during intermission.
In three Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series events so far this season, there have been three different winners. Tim McCreadie of Watertown, N.Y., Tyler Carpenter of Parkersburg, W.V. and Donald McIntosh of Dawsonville, Ga. have all visited victory lane.
On the Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Late Model tour, there have been six different series winners in six races. Shanon Buckingham, Kenny Collins, David Payne, Tyler Carpenter, Tommy Kerr and Chris Combs have all been victorious on the series so far this season.
In five events so far this season on the Brucebilt Iron-Man Modified Series there have been four different winners. Clayton Miller of Elkton, Ky. has won two events, both coming during the Mike Roland Memorial and Butch Shay Memorial races at Richmond Raceway. Brad Hall of Knoxville, Tenn., Shon Flanary of Surgoinsville, Tenn. and Keith Smith of Stanton, Ky. have all reached victory lane this season on the Modified tour.
On July 1st, the pit gates will open at 4:00 pm while the grandstand gates will open at 5:00 pm. The drivers meeting is slated for 6:30 pm and hot laps will roll out after the sun starts to set over the backstretch. Adult general admission is $20.00 per person wile adult pit passes are $35.00.
The tire rule for the Southern Nationals Bonus Series/Iron-Man Late Model-sanctioned event at Tazewell Speedway will be as follows: Hoosier 1350 and 1600 along with the American Racer 48 and 56 compounds. The Late Model series entry fee is $100. Also, the highest finishing driver using a CT525 engine package will receive a $200 bonus and the highest finishing driver using a Steel Head/SPEC engine package will receive a $200 bonus courtesy of the series.
The Brucebilt Performance Iron-Man Modified Series will sanction the Open Wheel Modified portion of the racing program. The entry fee for Modified competitors will be $20. The Modified tire rule for the event will be as follows: Front- Medium, A40S, M-30s, A40, Hard, H40, & M-60 (siping allowed on front due to carry-over from 2016 season); Rear- Hoosier A40S, M-30S, A40, Hard, H40, M-60 and American Racer Hard and Extra Hard with no grooving allowed. The only tires that can be siped on the rear is the Hoosier M-60 and American Racer Extra Hard.
Super Late Model Payoff (40 Laps): 1) $5,000, 2) $2,500, 3) $1,600, 4) $1,200, 5) $900, 6) $700, 7) $675, 8) $650, 9) $625, 10) $600, 11) $580, 12) $560, 13) $540, 14) $520, 15) $500, 16) $480, 17) $470, 18) $460, 19) $450, 20) $450, 21) $450, 22) $450.
Open Wheel Modified Payoff (20 Laps): 1) $1,000, 2) $500, 3) $300, 4) $200, 5) 175, 6) $150, 7) $140, 8) $130, 9) $120, 10) $115, 11) $110, 12) $105, 13) $100, 14) $100, 15) $100, 16) $100, 17) $100, 18) $100, 19) $100, 20) $100, 21) $100, 22) $100.
Further information on the Spring Nationals, Southern Nationals and Southern Nationals Bonus Series can be obtained by calling Promoter Ray Cook at (828) 360-5353 or Series P.R. Coordinator Chris Tilley at (606) 219-1723 or visit the official website located at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .
Tazewell Speedway is located at 1400 Bacchus Road in Tazewell, TN 37879. The track phone is (423) 626-2222. More information on the Tazewell Speedway can be obtained by visiting www.TazewellSpeedway.net .
Current Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series Points:
1. David Payne-730 (Murphy, NC)
2. Donald McIntosh-716 (Dawsonville, GA)
3. Jamie Oliver-524 (Murphy, NC)
4. Zack Dohm-386 (Cross Lanes, WV)
5. Eddie Carrier Jr.-370 (Salt Rock, WV)
6. Shanon Buckingham-366 (Morristown, TN)
7. Jason Jameson-360 (Lawrenceburg, IN)
8. Chris Combs-356 (Isom, KY)
9. Brandon Overton-354 (Evans, GA)
10. Joey Standridge-346 (Tellico Plains, TN)
Current Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Late Model Series Points:
1. Carder Miller-890 (Salem, VA)
2. Joey Standridge-599 (Tellico Plains, TN)
3. Craig Greer-595 (Cleveland, TN)
4. David Payne-576 (Murphy, NC)
4. Billy Ogle Jr.-576 9Knoxville, TN)
6. Donald McIntosh-532 (Dawsonville, GA)
7. Ray Cook-524 (Brasstown, NC)
8. Levi Ashby-518 (Cumberland Furnace, TN)
9. Kenny Collins-392 (Colbert, GA)
10. Chris Combs-372 (Isom, KY)
Current Brucebilt Iron-Man Modified Series Points:
1. Shon Flanary-772 (Surgoinsville, TN)
2. Blake Brown-754 (Corbin, KY)
3. David Webb-524 (Nicholasville, KY)
4. Wade Rookard-439 (East Bernstadt, KY)
5. Clayton Miller-400 (Elkton, KY)
6. Brad Hall-392 (Knoxville, TN)
7. Jimmy Lennex Jr.-388 (Maysville, KY)
8. Mikah Reams-382 (Mount Vernon, KY)
9. Jimmy Dalton-376 (Powell, TN)
10. John Jackson-372 (Cynthiana, KY)