“10 Things You Didn’t Know About ….” will be a regular feature throughout the 2017 racing season in which drivers and other dirt racing personalities will be asked ten random questions that will allow fans to learn more about the personalities of the people involved in this sport.
Today’s Feature: Mike Marlar
Date of Birth: 1-30-78
Hometown: Winfield, Tenn.
Position: Driver of the No. 157 Super Late Model
Answers to the following questions will appear in red.
- What was your first personal vehicle?
My dad has a junkyard. All my race cars get a name and Red Bomb was an ’83 Tercel and I had it all gutted out. Me and my brother would drive it around there all day stirring up dust when I was about 10.
- What type of music do you listen to?
I’ve really got an open range on that. I listen to everything from old Country up to 90’s Grunge type stuff. I listen to all of it.
- What is your favorite pro or college sports team?
I’ve always liked the Bulls pretty good going back to Michael Jordan and those guys.
- What hobby do you have away from the track?
I like to ride motorcycles
- If you had a free vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’ve had my eye on Switzerland
- What is your all-time favorite movie or television show?
I used to watch a whole lot of Dukes of Hazard
- Who is a non racer you admire(living or dead)?
My dad(David Marlar) is a hard worker. He started with nothing and has done a lot to become pretty successful so I’d have to say him.
- What is your favorite restaurant?
Ye Olde Steak House
- Name a skill or ability you wish you had.
I love playing basketball. I wish I was a lot better.
- Are you a late sleeper or an early riser?
Here lately both. I’m probably more of a late sleeper.