“10 Things You Didn’t Know About ….” will be a regular feature throughout the 2017 racing season in which drivers and other dirt racing personalities will be asked ten random questions that will allow fans to learn more about the personalities of the people involved in this sport.
Today’s Feature: Ray Cook
Date of Birth: September 29, 1971
Hometown: Brasstown, NC
Position: Promoter of the Southern Nationals, Owner of Tri-County Race Track, Driver of the No. 53 Super Late Model
Answers to the following questions will appear in red.
- What was your first personal vehicle?
A 1987 F-150 Ford Truck
- What type of music do you listen to?
- What is your favorite pro or college sports team?
If you knew how much Gator(who works for Ray) likes Tennessee, I like to aggravate him and say anybody who is playing Tennessee. But I actually like Tennessee.
- What hobby do you have away from the track?
I used to like to hunt and fish before I started racing but now it’s more just spending time with my family.
- If you had a free vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are hard to beat.
- What is your all-time favorite movie or television show?
I’m pretty partial to the Andy Griffith Show.
- Who is a non racer you admire(living or dead)?
My pastor, Hoyt Brown.
- What is your favorite restaurant?
Anything with a buffet, I guess.
- Name a skill or ability you wish you had.
I wish I could play every instrument.
- Are you a late sleeper or an early riser?
It depends on the day before. I do both.